- 1 Seagull S6 Original:
- 2 Yamaha FG820 12 – String Solid Top:
- 3 Fender FA-100:
- 4 Epiphone DR-100:
- 5 Taylor GS Mini
- 6 Martin D-28:
- 7 Yamaha JR1 Acoustic Guitar:
- 8 AmazonBasics Acoustic Guitar
- 9 Kadence Slowhand Series Premium Black Spruce Top SH-04:
- 10 Ibanez AW54CEOPN Artwood Dreadnought:
- 11 Buyer’s Guide:
- 12 Types of guitars:
- 13 Types of Strings used for an acoustic Guitar:
- 14 Types of Tonewood:
- 15 Wrapping up:
Acoustic Guitars List: Music brings sole to a diluting end. Guitars have always been a prominent choice of instrument for the musicians. Be it a professional musician or someone playing to impress your loved once. A guitar always completes its role to spread your charm.
Acoustic guitars have been a choice for all new beginners, but it has never disheartened the professionals anytime. The demand for this elegant product has increased the competition in the producing market. We have some good choices which you can go for as per your requirements and needs.
Here we are listing the top 10 best acoustic guitars list you can find your best one.
Seagull S6 Original:
- Gear Hero HQ Exclusive Limited Edition Tennessee Red
- Made in Canada
- Select Pressure Tested Top
- Double Action Truss Rod, Tusq nut and compensated saddle for better intonation
- Tapered Headstock for precise and stable tuning and great for open tunings
Seagull is one of the leading Canadian group that produces exceptional quality guitars. Seagull S6 Original provides you a smooth play and gives a tone that rule hearts. One of the finest average-priced products with stylish looks and a mellow tune. It can be a great partner for live concerts or travel business. With its cedar top, hardwood design, wild cherry, and silver leaf maple add to its elegant look. It’s easy to handle, and superb playability even welcomes beginners to pick it up.
Yamaha FG820 12 – String Solid Top:
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Mahogany Back & Sides
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Rosewood Bridge
- Diecast Tuners
With the fact that Yamaha is one of the top brands producing a wide variety of guitars, Yamaha FG820 is one of its finest models and a prior choice for some leading musicians. A superb instrument for beginners or once who intend to carry their music with them. A guitar with high-quality features and easy to play mechanisms in the hands comfortable on the instrument. Its solid spruce top gives a versatile sound that is added to its magnificent mahogany sides and back. With its small body, it is the best pick for small hands.
- Protective Fender black nylon gig bag included.
- Keep this acoustic in proper playing position with the included Fender strap when standing or sitting from the factory installed forward facing strap button and rear strap button.
- Under the natural glossy Basswood top, the time tested quartersawn X bracing adds to the distinct FA 100’s projection and top stability.
- Enjoy optimal playability through any season from the hex adjustable truss rod in the neck that will counteract the string tension from the 12-52 gauge Fender Duratone strings (hex/allen truss rod wrench included).
- Enjoy additional peace of mind due to Fender’s limited lifetime warranty that is included with purchase.
If you intend to begin with an affordable, high quality, glossy guitar, Fender FA-100 will serve you best. One of the top models of Fender, rich in sound and smooth play. It has a solid body that can be trusted. Even though this is nowhere increasing its weight plus the perfectly laminated wood with the glossy finish adds to this versatile instrument. As an icing to the cake, it mostly comes with its accessories, including its nylon carrying bag, straps, tuner, and picks.
- Classic go-to Dreadnought Shape
- Select Spruce top
- Mahogany Body
- Premium Machine Heads
- SlimTaper Neck Profile
Epiphone is yet another famous instrument producers from America. The consistency of this model makes it a choice for both beginners and professionals. At its affordable rate, it gives you a bright and clean sound. With the dreadnought body, mahogany sides and back and select spruce top, it gives you a sturdy construction. Adding another cheese, the tone of this device enhances as the wood ages. It provides you with a large variety of styles to play. It has a slim shape neck and a fingerboard with dot markers, therefore, giving you the feel to relish your music.
Taylor GS Mini
If you in search of a small guitar with good volumes for traveling, your search would end at Taylor GS Mini. With the Sitka spruce top and layered, Indian rosewood back and side, it gives you a perfect look and sound. With its superb construction, it is said to have its tone that occupies applauds. Its Slim-Taper neck shape gives you a comfortable experience. With the ES-Go technology, Taylor is known for; GS Mini to qualify for a great plugged-in tone.
- Body Body type: D-14 Fret Cutaway: Non-cutaway Top wood: Sitka Spruce Back & sides: East Indian rosewood Bracing pattern: Non scalloped X-type Body finish: Gloss Orientation: Right handed Neck Neck shape: Low profile Standard Taper Nut width: 1.69" (43mm) Fingerboard: Ebony Neck wood: Select Hardwood Scale length: 25.4" Number of frets: 20 Neck finish: Satin Electronics Pic
- The tone of the Martin D-28 Acoustic Guitar is what separates it from all other guitars
- It has a solid Sitka spruce top with glossy finish, special East Indian rosewood for the polished back and sides, and genuine ebony fingerboard and bridge
- With its rich, resonant warmth and punchy volume, the D-28 is particularly well-suited to music styles requiring loud, powerful rhythm accompaniment
- Includes Martin deluxe hardshell case and limited lifetime warranty
A high quality, high-cost product. Musicians often take this to their studios and stage fronts. An instrument with the latest upgraded innovations from Martin. Often compared for best amongst Martin devices. Has a powerful rhythm with its rich, resonant voice. Martin D-28 owns the charm of the stone it holds. Its solid Sitka spruce top, with solid East Indian rosewood sides and back, and striped ebony fingerboard gives it a perfect, strong body structure. It comes with a Martin vinyl laminated hardshell guitar case plus a 12 pack Promo Guitar String.
Yamaha JR1 Acoustic Guitar:
- 21 1/4" scale length
- Spruce top; Meranti sides and back
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Nato neck
- Steel strings
It can be addressed as one of the most popular among its price ranges and a choice for all kinds of musicians. Yamaha excels in its quality, and so does JR1 with its dreadnought style body and loud acoustic sound. It provides you with comfortable playability. It offers you with the quality, music, and design of the traditional finish of all Yamaha.
AmazonBasics Acoustic Guitar
- Beginner acoustic guitar; ideal for young musicians and newbie strummers alike
- Smooth curves and a slim easy-to-play mahogany neck
- Spruce and okoume construction for eye-catching beauty, long-lasting strength, and rich acoustic sound
- Includes extra strings, picks, a tuner, a strap for playing when standing, and a carrying case for secure storage and transport
- Measures 41.7 by 16.1 by 4.7 inches; weighs 3.9 pounds; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
Acoustic guitars are the first choice for any beginner. AmazonBasics Beginner Full-Size has been constructed, keeping this in mind. Its mahogany neck gives it a beautiful look and comfortable playability. It has a spruce and okoume structure, which provides long-lasting strength and a vibrant acoustic tune. Therefore, it can be said that this instrument is the best pick for your start.
Kadence Slowhand Series Premium Black Spruce Top SH-04:
- 44 Inch, 21 Frets
- Body and Back - Mahogany, Type-Demi Cutaway
- Bridge -Indian Rose wood
- Fretboard -Indian Rosewood
- Top - Spruce (Black)
A light-weight product you can rely on. With the top spruce, matte finish mahogany back and body, and Demi Cutaway, it gives a perfect look guitar. It has been designed with a premium gloss and structure to give you complete control with good sound quality. Made with new generation technologies and finely crafted.
Ibanez AW54CEOPN Artwood Dreadnought:
- Dreadnought body with cutaway
- Solid mahogany top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Rosewood bridge and fretboard
- Ibanez AEQ210TF preamp with onboard tuner
Ibanez has been successfully building fine, quality instruments. AW54CE- Open Pore Natural Artwood gives you a nicely balanced tone. It holds a dreadnought body with cutaway, solid mahogany top, mahogany back and sides, and Rosewood Bridge and fretboard that gives it a perfect guitar finish. This design further braces you with a piece of warm, natural music. Has an onboard tuner. Provided you with a smooth play, you can relish with a beautiful look.
Apart from being an expensive product, a guitar is something one emotionally connects. Therefore it is imperative to own a piece you feel happy. There are some aspects which you must make sure before you go for an instrument. For an acoustic guitar, you shall have to be concerned about the following:
This entirely depends on how much you are ready to spend for your melody former. You may have to list down the outline of some qualities you want in your guitar and then reach a conclusion on how much you are supposed to spend on it.
Almost every top leading brand in the guitar makes sure to release products friendly to every budget. Therefore, it is suggested, instead, going for some unknown brands you go for the trusted ones, the names of most of which we have mentioned above.
You might be a well-known musician and might already have many of them, but you are searching for one more. It might be one with a broken piece and is in search of a replacement. Or, the search that contains the maximum probability for an acoustic guitar, a beginner.
Your demands differ with the category you belong to or might vary with your requirements.
The size that would fit you:
The guitar’s first depends on what you can handle. Some guitars are so big that if you are a young beginner, they would certainly not go with you. The same is with the weight of the guitars. You shall have to choose one, where size does not block your path of music. Guitars of all possible sizes and weights are available, and you need to make a choice, which fits you the best.
Hands you would use to play:
The leading brands in most of their models make sure to produce different guitars for both left-handed and right-handed people. You shall have to ensure that the one you pick depends on whether you feel comfortable with right or left hand.
This depends on the posture you are comfortable holding on your guitar and how many straps and where all do you require them.
Apart from these, looks matter when it comes to buying something like a guitar, which includes the design, color, and shape. But it is always suggested to prioritize playability, and sound quality overlooks our case.
And if you land up to something of your sound quality as well as look, that’s the crowning stroke. You will have to analyze the sound quality even for the proper selection of the first three mentioned factors.
So the sound quality is the bottom line that you need to understand for buying a guitar, which depends on several different aspects which we are further going to discuss. Playability depends on your comfort.
Types of guitars:
We can broadly classify the guitars into five types:
- Dreadnought: Known for its large body and broad shoulders with a bold and robust bass and mid-range frequency. It has a large internal cavity, which gives an extremely tight sound that emphasizes the bass frequencies and makes a strong midrange with cutting highs. You may find a slightly different variety as a Dreadnought Variant that includes round shoulders.
- Parlor: The smaller, light-weighted structures that are known for their balanced tonal spectrum. Mostly used for travels.
- Jumbo: The giants with rounded shoulders and bottom, and the most extensive sound cavity gives the maximum volume from a guitar. A balanced tonal spectrum, which emphasizes on bass frequencies.
- Auditorium: Alike Dreadnought, but with a more elegant waist and, therefore, a smaller inner cavity that can give comfort to a little body. Known for its smoother sound and balanced range frequency. Grand Auditorium is one of its other variants, which is very similar in looks to a dreadnought but with a better pure, unaltered, and high-quality plugged-in tone.
- Classical: With their open-slotted tuners, they mostly come with Nylon strings. They are known for their soft, traditional kind of music.
Types of Strings used for an acoustic Guitar:
There are two types of strings you can go for:
- Steel Strings: These are the widely used guitar strings. They are known for their acoustic fingerpicking. There is no thumb rule, but generally, you may find these in the Parlor and Dreadnought guitars.
- Nylon Strings: known for their warmer sounds. Most commonly used in Classical guitars.
Types of Tonewood:
The tone of the device depends on the tonewood used for producing it. Most of the guitars are a combination of two tonewoods. The tonewood can be classified as:
- Sitka Spruce: Most common tonewood used it has a big dynamic range and a soothing level of reactivity. It gives a bright sound that makes a perfect selection for live streaming.
- Engelmann Spruce: Similar to Sitka but a bit more responsive if played softly. However, it does not respond very well as to a hard-playing Sitka. It is, therefore, an excellent choice for finger pickers.
- Adirondack Spruce: This is generally said to be the liveliest spruce.
- Cedar: A warm tonewood expensive due to its luscious tone. It’s commonly used in guitars with fingerpicking quality as it is free from the attack of spruce.
- Mahogany: Mahogany offers a soothing quality volume, bass, and mid frequencies, which are mostly used for the back, and sides of a guitar. An appreciative quality but does not play well for lead or fingerpick.
- Maple: Known for its flatness of tone and its immediate decay.
- Rosewood: Expensive for its highly focused tone that gives varied frequencies. A pick up for the fingerpick and flat-pick.
Other than these Laminated or Solid Wood makes a difference:
Where laminated wood is one where thin sheets of wood are pasted and pressed together. On the other hand, solid wood is one where a solid piece is cut off a tree.
With its nature of sound, laminated woods don’t seem to vibrate as freely as solid wood, resulting in a tone that is not as full-bodied as a solid wood guitar, but since laminated construction is cheaper is still widely used for many low-cost acoustic guitars. At the same time, layered structures are more resistant to change in humidity and temperature, making it a pick for those who might get maintenance issues.
Buying a guitar does become a big deal. Especially when it is your first time, and you need to understand the basics. This nowhere decreases the tension for others with some experience, and you have to spend time before deciding which piece to go for.
There lies an emotional as well as a professional attachment for musicians to the instruments. Therefore, it is necessary, you get the best you want and deserve according to your preferences.
It has to be comfortable, and you need to understand that feeling so you can flow with the music and let others blow down with you. So you must look down on every term you need or require.
We gave our best to guide you through this and hope this gives you a horizontal direction for your selection.